The couple must make an appointment with the pastor six months in advance
At least one of the parties must be an active practicing Catholic. Couples should not be living together.
Modest attire is required for both the appointments with Father and the
ceremony. For a guideline on appropriate attire see our Dress Code
Please read the following requirement excerpts. Father will
review the full list of requirements with the couple during their first
Permissions and Certificates
- Permission to be married at San Secondo d'Asti must be given by
our Pastor Father Louis Marx.
- You must obtain a 'Letter of Permission' from
the Pastor/Church (in which boundary your house is located) granting
their permission for you to be married in our Church.
- A New (recently dated) Baptismal Certificate,
from your Church of baptism and photocopies of your 1st Holy
Communion and Confirmation certificates if available.
- Affidavit for Freedom to Mary, notarized by a
Priest/Notary Public (obtain from the Parish Office)
- Pre-Nuptial Examination Form (obtain from the
- Dispensation for Mixed Marriage Form -- If one
person is not Catholic (obtain from the Parish Office)
- Marriage License -- Please bring your marriage
license to the Parish Office the Monday before the wedding date.
Also, include the names of both witnesses (first, middle, and last
name and their home address)
To make an appointment, please call the Parish Office
Classes and Appointments
- Appointments with Father Marx will need to be
scheduled once a month for six months.
- Natural Family Planning -- For a class in your
area please visit: www.ccli.org.
- Financial Preparation -- Couple must attend a
meeting to go over the process. Cost for materials is approximately
$50.00 per couple.
- Attire for Brides and her Attendants -- No low
cut, backless, sleeveless, off the shoulder or above the knee gowns.
The bride must bring a picture (full length, back and front) of her
and her attendants' gowns to Wedding Coordinator, Karen Hill, for
- The Groom and his Attendants must not wear earrings or
have any observable body piercing.
- Bride and Bridesmaids must be fully dressed. There are
no Dressing Facilities on the Church grounds.
- Out of respect for the Holy Eucharist guests attending the wedding will be asked to follow the
Church's dress code. For a guidline please see the 'Dress
- We DO NOT have weddings during Advent or Lent. Please check that your wedding date does not fall within either.
- All members of the wedding party and guests should be
RESPECTFUL, keeping voices down, no gum chewing and turing
off cell phones while inside the Church for the Rehersal and the
Wedding. During the Rehersal no shorts, tank tops or any type of
immodest attire. If you are wearing shorts, you will not be able to
enter the Church.
- Readers for the First and Second Readings must be male
- Photographers and Videographers must be RESPECTFUL while taking
pictures during Holy Mass, no pictures or video during the Consecration.
We also ask that they do not go past the Altar rail and keep
movement to a bare minimum.